- Pinterest is set to introduce new shopping advertisements straight from consumers’ feeds.
- Brands will be able to curate their products in a more cohesive and sellable way while adding their entire catalogue.
- There will also be a new section for retailers such as Room and Board which showcases more products from companies.
Analysis & Comments
- I see Pinterest following Instagram in going fully “shoppable” as a continuation of the on-going shift towards seamlessly shoppable social media networks.
- This is driven by consumers favouring (trusting) peer reviews and personal recommendations over traditional advertisements, and increasingly turning to social media influencers for inspiration and advice.
- As the integration between retailers and their social media accounts becomes more and more seamless, I expect brands who have invested in their social media presence & in building close relationships with influencers to see meaningful returns on their investment.