Tesla Model 3 takes over Europe (electrek)
· While it has only been a month since Tesla started Model 3 deliveries in Europe, the early indications are that they are rapidly taking market share.
· For instance, in the first week of March the Model 3 outsold (by 3x) their competitors in Norway (the most EV positive market in Europe).
· It is forecast that as more shipments arrive and as cheaper variants of the car start to get delivered, sales should accelerate further.
Analysis and Comments
· At one level I am not surprised by the success of the Model 3, there has been pent up demand for some time after all.
· It will be interesting to see if this momentum can be maintained over the coming months, something .
· For some time that the European OEMs have been dragging their feet on EV production, with limited availability.
· If Tesla is able to grab material market share, even with imported vehicles, this strategy may turn out to be an expensive mistake.